Edamame Spaghetti with Pea and Avocado Hummus
This recipe couldn’t be quicker or easier and all you need (pretty much) is store cupboard ingredients which is perfect for speedy dinner or a light but satisfying lunch.
I used organic edamame spaghetti for this dish which I found in Planet Organic (you buy it online as well), it’s the first time I’ve tried it and it’s really good, it has quite a neutral flavour and a lovely soft texture. So if you don’t like pasta or you’re avoiding wheat then this in definitely worth a try, perfect to keep in the cupboard for times of need! If you can’t find edamame spaghetti, there are lots of other options; courgetti, rice or soba noodles or vegan pasta would all be yummy.
I combined the spaghetti with my pea and avocado hummus and I know I say this all the time but I think it may be my new favourite. It’s so delicious, creamy, sweet and salty at the same time and pea and mint is a match made in heaven. It was amazing stirred into the spaghetti but would be equally good as a dip or smeared on toast.
I hope you like my recipe; if you recreate it tag on instagram with #rebelrecipes @rebelrecipes for a chance to be featured. Love Niki x
If you like the content that I’m sharing on this blog, please subscribe to my updates above and follow me on Bloglovin!
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 cup peas defrosted by running them under a hot tap.
- Handful mint
- 1 tbsp tahini
- Juice 1/2 lemon
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Twist black pepper
- 100g edamame spaghetti – I used Explore Asian
- Toasted pine nuts
- Handful peas
- 1/2 avocado
- To make the avocado and pea hummus;
- Add all the ingredients to your food processor and blitz until smooth and creamy.
- Set aside
- Add the edamame spaghetti to a saucepan of boiling water and then simmer for 4-5 minutes until tender.
- Pour out the water then transfer the spaghetti to a large bowl.
- Dollop in some hummus and toss to combine.
- Divide onto two plates and then top with pine nuts, a sprinkle of peas and slices of avocado.