Edamame, Pea and Wasabi Hummus
As you know I LOVE hummus! Whilst this isn’t a classic hummus with chickpeas it has pretty much all of the other key ingredients so it’s hummus in my book.
I have a few edamame hummus recipes, one of my favourites is edamame with fresh mint. It’s really fresh and delicious.
This recipe came about I was planning to make the edamame, pea & mint combo but alas my husbands mint plants had finished and the supermarket was out too – the hummus would still have been delicious without but and I wanted to add a bit of extra zing so thought of wasabi. Edamame + peas + wasabi = delicious!
Note – try the fresh mint option if your not a wasabi fan.
Delicious with my Buckwheat Pancakes as you can see in the pic
- 2 cups edamame beans
- 1 cup peas
- 1 tbsp tahini
- Juice 1/2 lime
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 tsp wasabi paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- Pop the frozen edamame beans in sieve and pour hot water over them so that they defrost
- Put the edamame, tahini, wasabi, oil, lime juice and water into a blender
- Blitz until coursely blended approx 2 minutes
- Defrost the frozen peas in the sieve and pour hot water over them until defrosted
- Add the peas to the blender and blitz briefly (it’s nice to have some chunks for pea throughout the dip)
- Season to taste