Easy Homemade Nutella
I’ve been meaning to post my recipe for homemade nuttella for a little while now. It’s so easy to make and contains no nasties at all- no refined sugar, no Palm oil, or preservatives and is completly vegan.
I used almonds here because they are my favorite but the original version uses hazelnuts and you could use them here if you prefer.
It’s good with just about anything! Smeared on toast, stirred into overnight oats or porridge, as a topping for pancakes or banana bread or straight from the jar 😋
I used my favourite coconut oil in this recipe from The Coconut Merchants – If you fancy trying any of their delicious products, they have kindly set up a special discount code so that you can get £5 off. Simply head over to their website and use this code: cm4nikiwebster
- 300g almonds
- 4 tbsp coconut oil – I used the coconut merchant
- 4 tbsp cocao powder
- 4-6 tbsp maple syrup – depending on how sweet you like it.
- Pinch Himalayan salt
- 150ml water
- Add the almonds to your blender and blitz until you have a fine powder (reserve 1/4 cup of whole almonds to add in later if you like your nut butter chunky).
- Gently melt the coconut oil in a saucepan.
- Add the cocao powder, maple syrup, salt and coconut oil and blitz again so that you get a paste.
- Next add the water until you get the consistency you want.
- If you have reserved some almonds quickly blitz or crush them a little and stir into the mix.
- Spoon into a sterilised jar and seal – can be keep for up to 6 weeks but I doubt it will last that long!