Double Chocolate Donuts with Ombar Chocolate
I have another delicious and fun recipe in collaboration with Ombar for you. Here’s my second recipe – Double Chocolate Donuts!
And I’ve gone for a full on chocolate hit with these delicious little treats! Double chocolate mini donuts…Need I say more? And you guessed it, gluten & refined sugar free but no less tasty.
Little chocolatey rings and as if they aren’t delicious enough already I then dipped them into gorgeous Ombar 72% chocolate for a rich chocolate glaze. Then quickly dipped into your favorite toppings – I used crushed pistachios & coconut, but you can use nuts, seeds – whatever you fancy.
But remember to very gently heat the chocolate up to melt it or it will lose its antioxidants. Enjoy!
If you haven’t tried Ombar’s amazing range of raw organic chocolate you’re definitely missing out. Their cacao is sourced from the best Ecuadorian cacao farms, plus all the chocolate is raw to preserve all the goodness. My favs are; Coconut & vanilla Centres and the buttons are totally addictive!
And I made a little video to show you just how easy it is to make – I hope you enjoy!
I hope you like my recipe; if you recreate it tag on instagram with #rebelrecipes @rebelrecipes for a chance to be featured. Love Niki x
If you like the content that I’m sharing on this blog, please subscribe to my updates above and follow me on Bloglovin!
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch sea salt
- 3 tbsp raw cacao
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp all spice
- 2 ripe mashed bananas
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 3 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1/3 cup coconut yogurt
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- Ombar 72% chocolate
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Crushed pistachios
- Dessicated coconut
- Add all the dry ingredients to a bowl and mix, add in the banana, melted coconut oil, coconut yogurt and almond butter and mix everything well to combine.
- Rub a little coconut oil in the donut molds then sprinkle some coconut sugar.
- Spoon 2-3 tbsp’s of the mix into the molds then bake for 15 minutes on gas mark 4
- Add to cool a little before popping them out of the molds.
- Break up the chocolate and place in a glass bowl with the coconut oil then very gently melt over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Dunk the donuts in the melted chocolate and sprinkle with your favourite topping.