Dairy Free Banana, Coconut and Berry Popsicles
A relaxing day in the sun has been the order of the day as I’m a little tried after a lovely evening with old friends last night. I was at a hen party celebration as one of my dear friends is getting married next week.
It feels like we haven’t had much sun this summer (I’m still hopeful!) but popsicles always look so pretty and summery. I’ve been a little obsessed with them recently, I think it’s because I keep seeing such amazing popsicle photos on Pinterest. Maybe it’s one of those things where as soon as you become interested in or aware of something you start seeing it everywhere?
These healthy little treats are creamy dairy free banana, coconut and berry popsicles. The combination of banana with coconut cream and almond butter is so good especially with the slightly sharp raspberry burst layer. Delicious!
They are also really easy to make, all you need is some popsicle moulds, sticks, some blending and viola pretty little creamy popsicles!
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 4 bananas chopped
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp almond butter Berry mix
- Reserve 1/4 cup mixture
- 1/4 cup raspberries
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- Add the bananas, coconut cream, vanilla essence, almond butter and maple syrup to your food processor and blitz until creamy.
- Empty the mixture into a bowl and then remove 1/4 cup and add back t0 the food processor. Add the berries to the processor and blitz again.
- Firstly add a tsp of the berry mix to the bottom of the popsicle moulds then fill up to around 2/3 full with the banana mix. Add another layer of berry mix then a final banana layer.
- Insert the lolly sticks and then pop them in the fridge for a least 4 hrs.
- When your ready to eat the popsicles run them under the hot tap for a few seconds so the lolly’s slide out.