Crispy Christmas Trees with Natures Path Superflakes
I’m excited to be collaborating with Nature’s Path to create a fun recipe using their new organic, gluten free and dairy free cereal with sprouted grains – Superflakes.
Superflakes include great quality ancient grains and nuts. Plus, they are super crunchy and delicious! They come in two tasty flavours, Honey & Chia and Cocoa & Coconut.
I was particularly interested to hear more about their sprouted grains – which are seeds that have been harvested just before they turn into a fully-fledged plant. Sprouting is a part of the natural growing process, which gives life to the seed – but if you stop it at the right moment, you can unlock far more vitamins, nutrients and flavour than found in ‘normal’ grains. In Superflakes, Nature’s Path uses sorghum flour, black bean flour and brown rice flour – which are all made from nutrient-rich sprouted grains.
I decided to make a fun Christmas themed recipe using the Cocoa & Coconut Superflakes and I’m really pleased with the result. My cute little Crispy Christmas Trees are incredibly easy to make and taste fantastic. Both kids and adults love these as they are sweet but not too sweet, have a wonderful crunch and look really festive.
I just rolled out the mixture and just made the tree shapes by hand but you could use cutters if you have them. I decorated them with squeezable green icing sugar and little stars.
Here’s some more information about Nature’s Path;
• Every product is made using methods that do not involve synthetic pesticides or chemical fertilizers. They also do not contain artificial additives or GMOs.
• Nature’s Path remains a fiercely independent, family-run business, with an unwavering commitment to maintain organic as a way of life and thinking.
• The company continues to use affordable, sustainable and environmentally responsible farming solutions that look as much to the future as they do to the present
• Further information can be found at naturespath.co.uk.
Both variants, Honey & Chia and Cocoa & Coconut, are available at Tesco stores nationwide, priced at £3.50 RRP.
- 4 cups Natures Path Cocoa & Coconut cereal
- 15 medjool dates pitted
- 4 tbsp raw cacao
- 5 tbsp organic walnuts
- Pinch sea saltTo decorate;
- Squeezable icing sugar
- Sugar stars
- Lolli pop sticks
- Add all the ingredients to your food processor and blitz until the mix comes together.
- Roll into a big ball then roll out to about an inch thick.
- Cut out long triangles to make the Christmas trees wth a knife or cutter.
- Decorate with squeezable icing to make the tinsel shape, stars and then pop a small lolli pop stick in the base to create the trunck.