Creamy Peanut Butter and Cacao Tarts (Vegan & Gluten Free)
I’m so excited about these super creamy peanut butter tarts with a yummy walnut, cacao and chia base. Too delicious for words. The filling is made from silken tofu and peanut butter with a dash of maple syrup for sweetness and is a complete revelation. I can’t tell you how good it is, I could have eaten the whole lot before I got to top the tarts.
The creaminess of the filling compliments the rich nutty chocolatey base perfectly – You could use any nut butter but peanut will always be my favorite so that’s what I used for these guys.
I always like to add a pinch to salt to contrast and counter the sweetness a little but you can leave it out if you would perfer.
And the best thing is they are delicious, vegan, refined sugar and gluten free and so quick and easy to make. Happy days
I hope you like this my recipe; if you recreate it tag on instagram with #rebelrecipes @rebelrecipes for a chance to be featured. Love Niki x
If you like the content that I’m sharing on this blog, please subscribe to my updates above and follow me on Bloglovin!
- Filling ingredients;
- 1 pack silken tofu
- 1/2 cup nut butter – I used crunchy organic peanut butter
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Pinch pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 6 medjool dates pitted
- 2 tbsp chia seeds – I used organic burst
- 3 tbsp raw cocoa – I used creative nature
- Pinch pink salt
- Add all the base ingredients to your food processor and blitz until the mix comes together. Remove the mix and divide into four. Press the mix into the bottom and edges of the tart cases (I used 9cm) and up the sides. Pop in the fridge while you get the filling ready.
- Clean your food processor then add all the filling ingredients and blitz until smooth and creamy.
- Top the tarts with the filling then pop them back in the fridge to firm up a little.
- Eat as they are or top with crushed peanuts, fruit etc