Creamy Orange and Vanillia Cashew Yogurt (Vegan)
Do you miss yogurt? I’ve got to admit I was a total natural yogurt addict and its one of the only things that I miss since my Plant based journey began. But dairy has never agreed with me and has been an issue for me since I was a little girl. So I was so happy when coconut yogurt appeared in my life but I do find it very heavy sometimes and I couldn’t eat a bowl full. So what to do? I think I’ve just found the solution – light and creamy and protein packed cashew and tofu yogurt. Bear with me on this one it’s amazing. You get the gorgeous creaminess of the tofu and richness of the cashews. Perfect for breakfast with fruit, stirred into oats or smoothies or you could take some in a pot to work.
I flavoured mine with orange, vanilla and cinnamon but you could swap the orange for lemon or just keep it plain/vanilla and add 1/4 cup water instead to loosen a little.
The flavour possibilities are endless; stir in my berries, nuts or nut butter.
I hope you like this one, I totally love the amazing creaminess and the fact that it’s packed full of protein and good fats.
I hope you like this my recipe; if you recreate it tag on instagram with #rebelrecipes @rebelrecipes for a chance to be featured. Love Niki x
If you like the content that I’m sharing on this blog, please subscribe to my updates above and follow me on Bloglovin!
- 1 cup cashews soaked over night (or at least 4 hrs)
- 1 pack organic silken tofu
- Juice I orange – I used blood orange (or lemon if you prefer)
- 1-2 tbsp sweetener of choice – maple, coconut syrup, rice malt
- 1 tsp vanilla powder or essense
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Add the cashews to your food processor or high speed blender and blitz until really smooth and creamy. You may need to wipe the sides down a few times.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and blitz again and until smooth.