Courgette Pasta with Spinach and Kale Pesto and Edamame
This mountain of green goodness is just the sort of super healthy and delicious meal I crave after a slightly indulgent weekend.
I made this pimped up version of my pesto and combined it with lightly sauted courgetti and edamame last Monday night and immediately felt better! I think it must have struck a cord because the pic I posted went a bit crazy on Instagram and I had lots of requests for the recipe – so here it is guys!
The pesto has a whole bag of organic spinach and kale or baby kale which are both super rich in vitamins and minerals, crunchy hazelnuts (you can use any nut but I like hazels or walnuts for this), garlic, lots of lemon juice, nutritional yeast for a cheesy flavour and a new addition – 1/2 cup of olives added at the end which I think adds a new layer of flavour and delicious texture to the pesto. Let me know what you think?
I usually serve my courgetti raw and you can if you prefer it more crunchy do that but I lightly sauted it as I fancied a warm dish. I added some protein rich edamame and some of the pesto to the pan and stirred it in to warm the pesto up a little. Delicious!
I hope you like my recipe; if you recreate it tag on instagram with #rebelrecipes @rebelrecipes for a chance to be featured. Love Niki x
If you like the content that I’m sharing on this blog, please subscribe to my updates above and follow me on Bloglovin!
- 1 big bag organic spinach
- 1 bag baby kale or kale
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup green olives
- Juice 1 lemon
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Black pepper
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 cup edamame beans defrosted
- 3 small or two large courgettes spiralised
- 3 cloves garlic sliced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- To make the pesto;
- Firstly add the nuts to your food processor or high speed blender and blitz for a few seconds. Add in the spinach, kale, lemon juice, oil and garlic then blitz again until everything is combined. You might need to push the leaves down a few times. Finally add the salt, pepper, nutritional yeast and olives a give it a final pulse.
- Add the oil and garlic to your frying pan and fry on a medium heat for a few minutes then add in the courgetti. Stir for a few more minutes until the courgette softens a little.
- Stir in the edamame and two cups of the pesto then stir everything throughly to combine.