Coconut Thai Curry
You’ve got to try this guys! Coconut Thai curry bursting with healthy crunchy raw veggies – this is literally a taste explosion (in a good way!).
This is an adaptation of Tanya’s Thai Raw Kelp Noodles – I bought the kindle version of her Uncook Book over Christmas and have been browsing through all the incredible recipes since. So here’s my version and what a revelation, I love this uncooked spicy fresh sauce as its so fresh, flavoursome and zingy.
And of course I’ve added all the veg I had in my fridge (you don’t need to but I always think the more veg the better so that you get as vitamins and minerals as possible).
A little note, if you don’t like your veg too crunchy leave the curry to stand for at least 30 minutes and the veg will soften a little. This makes a generous very two potions or three smaller ones so I took some to work the next day with quinoa – delicious. And if you want a completely ‘raw’ version you can make you’re own raw coconut milk by following this method.
I would love you to let me know if you make this, I certainly can’t wait to make it again. I think I’ll mix it up and serve with either wholesome wild rice or courgetti (or both).
I hope you like this my recipe; if you recreate it tag on instagram with #rebelrecipes @rebelrecipes for a chance to be featured. Love Niki x
If you like the content that I’m sharing on this blog, please subscribe to my updates above and follow me on Bloglovin!
- Curry sauce ingredients;
- 1/2 tin coconut milk
- 1 cup soaked cashews – at least 4 hrs
- Zest and juice 1 lime
- 2 1/2 tbsp tamari
- 3 garlic cloves
- Knob ginger grated
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp date paste ( 2 medjoool dates soaked in water until soft and then blitzed) or 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups spiralised butternut squash or courgette
- Any veg you like – I used aprox I cup of each;
- Sugar snap peas sliced, red peppers sliced, baby corn sliced, chopped red cabbage
- To top;
- Radishes, coriander, chilli flakes
- Add all the curry sauce ingredients to your food processor and blitz until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a big bowl and add in the crunchy veg – stir everything to coat in the sauce.
- Divide between two bowls and top with extra crunchy veg, coriander and chilli flakes.