Coconut Bounteesers (Vegan & Gluten Free)
Do you ever get inspired to make a recipe and you’ve just got to make it as soon as possible? Sometimes I wake up with a recipe in my mind (yes I’m that food obsessed!) Well that’s what happened with these ridiculously yummy bounteesers – my new made up name as these beauties are sort of like a cross between a bounty and malteesers. Delicious balls of coconutty goodness coated with rich choc. OMG so so good. The creamy crumbly centre is melt in your mouth and when combined with rich dark chocolate its just dreamy. If you like bounty bars you’re going to love these! The best thing is that they totally vegan, refined sugar and gluten free. Happy days!
And they are so easy to make, I mean really easy to make! I hope you like these yummy little treats as much as I do! Love, Niki xxx
I hope you like this my recipe; if you recreate it tag on instagram with #rebelrecipes @rebelrecipes for a chance to be featured. Love Niki x
If you like the content that I’m sharing on this blog, please subscribe to my updates above and follow me on Bloglovin!
- 1 cup organic desiccated coconut – I used Coconut Merchant
- 1/4 cup almond meal (ground almond)
- 1/4 cup coconut cream (the thick part on top of a can of coconut milk)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp organic coconut oil
- Pinch Himalayan salt
- 1/2 bar of vegan chocolate – I like concious chocolate, Loving earth, Ombar
- Add all the filling ingredients to your food processor and blitz until everything comings together.
- Wet you hands and role the mix into balls then place on a plate or baking paper lined tray then pop into the fridge to firm up for 20 minutes.
- Gently melt the chocolate in a saucepan or bain marie.
- Remove the balls for the fridge then pop one at a time into the melted choc to coat them. When coated place back on the tray and then into the fridge to set. They should set in 15 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge and eat straight away or store in the fridge of freezer until you want them.