Chunky Muesli Breakfast Bars for #WakeUpToOrganic
Once again I’m really happy to be supporting the Wake Up to Organic Campaign and this year will bigger than ever with lots of events taking place all over the UK on Wednesday 14th June.
So what is Wake Up To Organic? Independents across the UK will be offering free organic breakfasts so people can experience some of the taste, health & environmental benefits of organic food.
To celebrate I’ve teamed up with the Organic Trade Board and Wholefoods to create a delicious organic breakfast – Super easy and tasty chunky breakfast bars jam packed with organic grains, seeds, nuts & fruit.
For my breakfast bars I’ve used some of my favourite organic ingredients – lovely Alara muesli, malty Hodmedods barely flakes, sweet and juicy Crazy Jacks cranberries & blueberries (they add lots of natural sweetness) and delicious Whole Earth peanut butter (of course!).
More about #WakeUptoOrganic
This year’s event will see independent stores, delicatessens, farm shops and cafes across the UK offer passers-by a free organic breakfast, product or coffee, to celebrate all things organic and demonstrate how easy it is to make the swap at breakfast.
Find your local event here get involved on the day by using the tag #WakeUptoOrganic.
I hope you like my recipe; if you recreate it tag on instagram with #rebelrecipes @rebelrecipes for a chance to be featured. Love Niki x
If you like the content that I’m sharing on this blog, please subscribe to my updates above and follow me on Bloglovin!
- 3 really ripe bananas squished
- 1.5 cup Alara organic rich muesli 150g
- 1/2 cup organic Hodmedods barley flakes 25g
- 1/2 cup organic seeds (lineseeds sunflower, pumpkin) 30g
- 1/2 cup Crazy Jacks dried fruit chopped (cranberries, blueberries) 50g
- 1/2 cup mixed nuts broken up (pecans, walnuts, cashews) 50g
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp organic coconut oil
- 2 tbsp Whole Earth crunchy peanut butter
- 3 tbsp coconut yogurt
- Nuts, seeds, dried fruits, coconut.
- Pre heat the oven to gas mark 5/190C
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl & add the mashed bananas
- Heat the maple syrup, coconut oil & peanut butter in a saucepan over a low heat until combined
- Add the wet mix to the mixture & stir well until everything is combined (this shouldn’t be too wet). Mix in the coconut yogurt.
- Line a baking tray with grease proof paper & spread the mix on top, around an inch thick
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Remove from the oven, leave to cool slightly & then divide into bars