Chunky Monkey Donuts (Vegan and Gluten free)
I’m writing up this recipe really quickly as I made these amazing chunky monkey donuts yesterday. These banana, cacao, buckwheat, peanut butter donuts are pure gorgeousness and when I posted a pic on Instagram I had lots of requests for the recipe… So here it is!
It’s a super chocolatey version of my banana donuts with a raspberry glaze and they couldn’t be easier to make.
The thing that makes them extra special (and gooey) is the semi dried banana chips which are mixed into the batter and I also popped a few at the bottom of the donut molds so you can see them when they’re cooked. I love the colour contrast.
These yummy donuts are vegan, gluten and refined sugar free. Happy days!
Just like last time I had some mix left over so I popped the excess into baking cases and made some muffins which I then topped with some crunchy peanut butter and banana chips. Amazing.
I hope you like this my recipe; if you recreate it tag on instagram with #rebelrecipes @rebelrecipes for a chance to be featured. Love Niki x
If you like the content that I’m sharing on this blog, please subscribe to my updates above and follow me on Bloglovin!
- 1 cup buckwheat flour (or flour of choice)
- 2 ripe mashed bananas
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch sea salt
- 3 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp mixed spice
- 1/3 cup coconut yogurt
- 3 tbsp raw cacao
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup chewy bananas chopped
- Add all the dry ingredients to a bowl and mix, add in the banana, coconut oil, coconut yogurt and peanut butter and mix everything well to combine.
- Rub a little coconut oil in the donut molds then add in a few peices of banana to the bases.
- Spoon 2-3 tbsp’s of the mix into the molds then bake for 12-13 minutes on a medium heat. Add to cool a little before popping them out of the molds.
- If you have some extra mix like me pop it into some muffin cases lined, then place in a cake tray and bake for aprox 18 minutes. Remove, allow to cool and then top with some chunky peanut butter and more banana slices.