Chickpea Flatbread Pizza with Hummus and Avocado (Vegan and Gluten Free)
I’m having a lazy day today relaxing after the crazy week I’ve just had, starting with twisting my ankle and being out of action last Sunday, getting a horrible cold, then Barcelona for 3 days with work (mostly work and a tiny bit of play!), flying to Glasgow late Friday night, doing a fun demo at The Allergy and FreeFrom show yesterday and then finally home. Phew!
So I’ve had a very relaxing day and now a quick and easy lunch is required and I don’t think anything beats a flatbread pizza. Super tasty and satisfying and can be made in minutes of course! At Andys request I made a protein packed gram flour flatbread base which is naturally gluten free as its made from chickpeas. I then topped it with hummus, avocado for some good fats and just deliciousness, cherry tomatoes and some charred asparagus for a change.
The gram flour flatbread has a slightly drier texture so I usually make sure I top with some creamy toppings like hummus or avocado.
I actually can’t believe I haven’t posted a recipe for this before as after my buckwheat flatbreads this is a regular weekend lunchtime feature.
I hope you like my recipe; if you recreate it tag on instagram with #rebelrecipes @rebelrecipes for a chance to be featured. Love Niki x
If you like the content that I’m sharing on this blog, please subscribe to my updates above and follow me on Bloglovin!
- To make the gram flour flatbread;
- 1 cup gram flour
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch black pepper
- 1 tsp pink Himalayan Salt
- 1/2 cup water Toppings;
- 1 avocado sliced
- Cherry tomatoes
- Handful asparagus
- Olive oil
- To make the flatbread;
- To make the gram flour flatbread; pre-heat a griddle pan (or frying pan) so that its nice and hot.
- In a bowl mix the flour, oil, baking powder, salt & pepper and then add the water. Mix to form a dough and knead a little so that it comes together.
- On a floured chopping board roll out the dough and then place on a griddle pan (griddle pans work the best as you get lovely charred stripes on the flatbread but a frying pan also works).
- The flatbread will literally cook in a couple of minutes, simply flip it over when the underside is starting to char and cook on the other side a minute or so longer.
- Charred asparagus;
- Heat a small frying pan to medium then a splash of olive oil.
Add the asparagus and fry for a few minutes turning occasionally until they are a little charred.
- Top pizza;
- Top the pizza with hummus, avocado, tomatoes, asparagus, rocket or anything else you fancy.