Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal with Lemony Cashew Cream
#VirtualEasterParty – Happy Days!
Being a long standing lover of all things carrot cake – I decided to recreated the classic spicy warming carrot cake flavours in baked oatmeal and the rich warming spices and carrot combined perfectly to create a gorgeously gooey warming breakfast. Not only is this delicious and delivers yummy carrot cakiness it’s also super healthy and high in protein from the flax, sunflower seeds, coconut, ground almonds and walnuts.
I made two standard size ramekins of oatmeal with this amount of mix but it’s so rich and filling you could device into four smaller portions and serve with some fruit as well as the lemony cashew cream.
In fact the cashew cream is so amazing I’m definitely making a bigger portion next time to top my oats or smoothies.
Caramelising the nuts could not be easier simply heat a little coconut sugar and maple in a small pan and stir to combine until coated and stickily sweet. Again brilliant for adding to your breakfast for extra crunch.
This would pretty much be my perfect lazy Easter breakfast..so I’ve created this recipe to join in a very exciting #virtualEasterParty along side some talented bloggers. The creators of this party are the amazing Laura from A Sunshine Mission and Haley Davies from Brewing Happiness – thanks for the invite ladies! You can find their delicious and healthy Easter recipes and all the contributors recipes at the bottom of my post! They look so delicious and I cant wait to try them!
I hope you like my recipe; if you recreate it tag on instagram with #rebelrecipes @rebelrecipes for a chance to be featured. Love Niki x
If you like the content that I’m sharing on this blog, please subscribe to my updates above and follow me on Bloglovin!
- 1/2 cup organic gluten free oats
- 2 tbsp flax seeds
- 2 tbsp organic desicated coconut
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp ground almonds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp all spice
- Pinch ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup walnuts broken up
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 tsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup almond milk
- Lemony Cashew Cream;
- 1/2 cup soaked cashews
- 2 tbsp desicated coconut
- Juice 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Caramelised walnuts;
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Pre heat the oven to a medium heat.
- Add all the dry ingredients to a large bowl and mix to combine then add in the vanilla extract, maple syrup, grated carrots and almond milk. Mix everything well.
- Divide the mix between two ramekins then bake in the oven for 25 – 30 minutes.
- To make the lemony cashew cream add all the ingredients to a food processor or high speed blender and blitz to combine. Add a little water if the mix is too thick.
- To caramelise the walunts add the maple syrup and coconut sugar to a small pan and heat to a low – medium heat. Add in the walnuts and stir throughly to coat the nuts. Cook for a few minutes until sticky and toasted.
- Allow the baked carrot cake oatmeal to cool a little before topping with the cashew cream and caramelised walnuts.
You can find all the delicious and healthy Easter recipes for our #VirtualEasterParty here;
A Sunshine Mission /// Carrot Cake Oatmeal Bars
Brewing Happiness /// Heathy Ambrosia Salad
Real Food Healthy Body /// Blackberry Chocolate Cups
She Can’t Eat What?! /// Easter Coconut Oat Granola with Rosewater Cream
Nourish Everyday /// Superfood Chocolate Cake with Matcha Frosting
Wholehearted Eats /// Rainbow Rolls with Creamy Miso
Rebel Recipes /// Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal with Lemony Cashew Cream
Hot for Food /// Vegan Carrot Cake
Chocolate for Basil /// Green Apple Celery Slaw with Candied Pecans
Naturally Hanne /// No Bake Chocolate Mousse Tarts
Scaling Back Blog /// Spring Artichoke Pesto Pasta
Some Bits and Bobs /// Steamed Veggies with Quinoa and Sprouts
Well & Full /// Purple Cauliflower Tabbouleh
Gratitude & Greens /// Vegan Easter Egg Truffles
Nourish Atelier /// Beluga Lentil Caviar 2 Ways
Food by Maria /// Vegan Potato Gratin with a Twist
Vegetaryn /// Vegan Chocolate Covered Easter Eggs
Dower Hollingsworth /// Hot Cross Cupcakes