Carrot Buckwheat Pancakes
I’m wrote this post in Wholefoods on Friday after a fun afternoon sampling lots of salads and smoothies, I had half an hour to kill before heading to London Bridge to meet my friend for food so I thought I’d write up the recipe for my carrot buckwheat pancakes – Ok you may know that I love Buckwheat pancakes and in particular beetroot buckwheat pancakes? Well, surely they would be just as delish with carrots? Plus I love sneaking extra veggies in where you wouldn’t expect it and these turned out great. A new favourite!
Really delicious topped with hummus, avocado, and lots of veggies. My friend told me yesterday that she makes some in the morning and takes them to work stuffed with salad and hummus or avocado and eggs for a protein packed gluten free lunch. I love that idea.
If you like the content that I’m sharing on this blog, please subscribe to my updates above and follow me on Bloglovin!
- 2 small carrots or 1 large one grated
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup water
- Pinch Himalayan Salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil (a little in the pan and the rest in the mix)
- Sprinkle cumin seeds
- Heat a frying pan to a medium high heat and add a little olive oil. Ensure the oil has spread nicely around the pan so that the pancake doesn’t stick to the pan.
- Add the grated carrots, buckwheat flour, water, salt, pepper, cumin and a splash of olive oil to a bowl and mix thoroughly to form a batter. The mix shouldn’t be too think – if it is add a little more water.
- Add the pancake batter to the pan, you can make either one large pancake or two/tree small depending how you like it.
- Cook for a couple of minutes and when you can see bubbles forming on the surface slide a spatular underneath the pancake. The pancake shouldn’t stick (if it does, leave it for another few seconds). Flip the pancake over and cook on the other side of a couple of minutes until cooked through and a little brown.
- Delicious topped with hummus, avocado, tomatoes, olives etc