Blood Orange & Choc Chip Pancakes (Vegan & Gluten Free)
I know I’ve talked about it before but here’s some more about why organic is so good!
Organic food comes from trusted sources. When you see the organic symbol, you can be sure what you buy has been produced to the highest animal welfare and environmental standards.
Organic always means:
- Fewer pesticides
- The highest standards of animal welfare
- No routine use of antibiotics
- GM Free
- No artificial colours & preservatives
I hope you enjoy! Love Niki xx
1 cup organic buckwheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup blood orange juice
1/2 cup water
1 – 2 tbsp maple syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
3 tbsp fine organic cacao nibs
Maple syrup (optional)
- Preheat a pan with a little coconut oil. The pan needs to be quite hot around Gas Mark 6.
- Add the buckwheat flour, baking powder, cacao nips, vanilla essence, orange juice, maple syrup & water to a bowl and mix thoroughly to combine and form a thick batter.
- Spoon the mixture a ladle full at a time into the pan and fry for 1-2 minutes until the underside is firm. Carefully flip the pancakes and then cook for another minute or so until the pancakes are cooked through and slightly golden.
- Top with coconut yogurt, blood oranges, caramelized nuts and maple syrup.