Black Bean Brownie Bites (Vegan, Gluten Free & Refined Sugar Free)
We’re just back from a fab weekend at Wilderness Festival, it was gloriously hot which is no less than a miracle by our UK weather standards!
If you don’t know it’s a foodie and wellbeing festival with amazing Michelin starred chefs, huge foodie feasts and incredible options for yoga, treatments etc. And some music of course – it was amazing to see Robert Plant live (one of my all time music heros!)
So we basically ate lots of amazing food (more later), sat in the sun and soaked up the atmosphere.
As it’s my last week in my marketing job next week before going freelance we’re trying to be a bit more frugal and not spend as much money which was quite hard when there were so many temptations!
The highlights on the food front were; delicious shiitake mushroom dumplings with pickles, healthy veggie thali, vegan ‘duck’ sushi wrap and very yummy massaman Buddha bowl.
We also went to the Mae Deli (Deliciously Ella) tent and had a juice and obligatory avo smash on rye for breakfast with was not only healthy and tasty but good value too. Impressed.
So, have you made black bean brownies before? If you have I’m sure you’ll know how good they are but if not don’t be scared they’re super yummy and moist. I’ve been playing around with the recipe for a while and this is the final result and I couldn’t be happier! Super chocolatey, moist and gooey little brownie bites.
They include lots of goodies like; raw cacao, coconut oil, flax seeds, chia, and some nut butter. How yummy! So yummy in fact that I actually gave Andy a run for his money eating these (and you know he loves puddings!)
I really hope you like these chocolatey bites of deliciousness!!
I hope you like my recipe; if you recreate it tag on instagram with #rebelrecipes @rebelrecipes for a chance to be featured. Love Niki x
If you like the content that I’m sharing on this blog, please subscribe to my updates above and follow me on Bloglovin!
- Chia egg;
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 3 tbsp water
- Cake mix;
- 1 can organic black beans in water
- 1/4 cup raw cacao
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- 1/2 cup organic gluten free oats
- 1/4 cup melted organic coconut oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or sugar for choice.
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp peanut butter or almond butter
- 1/4 cup raw caco nibs
- Few crushed walnuts
- Pre heat your oven to gas mark 4
- Firstly make the chia egg but adding the chia and water to a small bowl – mix and set aside.
- Then add the beans, cacao, flax seeds, oats, baking powder, vanilla, cinnamon, salt, and coconut sugar to you food processor and blitz to combine everything thoroughly.
- Gently melt the coconut oil in the small sauepan and then add in the maple syrup and peanut butter- stir to combine then add to the food processor and blitz again.
- Finally add the caco nibs and give it one final pulse.
- Line a cup cake try with 6 cases then spoon the mix equally into the cases. Top with the crushed walnuts.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until set. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before scoffing.