Dairy free Banana Peanut Butter Ice cream!
You have got to try this – its amazing! Who would believe that frozen banana’s could make such delicious, smooth and creamy ice cream. It’s so unbelievably easy to make and totally addictive.
My lovely friend Lisa (who share’s my love of all things banana/peanut butter) reminded me of this amazing recipe the other day so it inspired my to make it for my blog.
Get this – its ice cream but its just banana’s so its super healthy, low fat, high in potassium and the addition of peanut butter and seeds means that it’s also packed with plant proteins. A seriously tasty and healthy dessert!!
You can actually make this with just banana’s but what can beat the banana peanut butter combo? Plus the addition of the coconut yoghurt makes it extra creamy and delicious!
- 4 banana’s
- 1 heaped tbsp. organic crunchy peanut butter (I like Meridian)
- 2 tbsp. coconut yoghurt (I like The Coconut Collaborative)
- Topping of choice; maple syrup, honey, nuts, granola, seeds, fruit
- Chop the banana’s and freeze overnight.
- Add the frozen banana’s to your food processor and blend until smooth and creamy (be patient, this can take 3-5 minutes)
- Add the peanut butter and coconut yoghurt and blitz until completely blended
- You are good to go, its delicious on it’s own but you can add all sorts of delicious toppings; maple syrup, granola, honey, nuts, seeds, fruit – Amazing!