Banana Peanut Butter and Chocolate Brownies (Vegan & Gluten Free)
I’m spending a relaxing Sunday watching Netflix after a lovely birthday yesterday filled with fun, food and friends. I say relaxing but I always like to at least do a little bit of work at the same time ie planning, recipe writing, catching up on social media or research. So here I am writing up the recipe for my delicious banana & peanut butter brownies.
The combination of banana, chocolate & peanut butter is one of my favourites. A classic right? These moist and rich brownies are just perfect in my opinion, not too heavy or too sweet, but just right. Plus they are easy to make, happy days. I really hope you like them guys.
I hope you like my recipe; if you recreate it tag on instagram with #rebelrecipes @rebelrecipes for a chance to be featured. Love Niki x
If you like the content that I’m sharing on this blog, please subscribe to my updates above and follow me on Bloglovin!
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 6 tbsp water
- 50g raw cacao
- 150g gluten Free self raising flour – I used free from fairy
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 50g coconut sugar
- 100g vegan butter
- 3 mashed bananas
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1 banana
- In a bowl, combine the chia seeds & the water. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees/gas mark 4
- In the large bowl combine all of the dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Add the vegan butter to a bowl and stir or whisk until fluffy. Add in the bananas, vanilla, peanut butter & almond milk, mix to combine.
- Pour the wet mix into the dry along with the chia egg and stir thoroughly until you have a smooth, thick batter.
- Grease or line a baking tray then spoon in the batter. Smooth out to the edges. Slice the remaining banana and add to the top.
- Bake the cake at 350 degrees/gas mark 4 for 25 minutes.
- Let the brownies cool then slice.