Banana, Mango & Ginger Breakfast Bowl
I love the combination of Mango and Ginger – fresh and tropical. This Banana, Mango and Ginger smoothie bowl hits the spot. It’s really good!
Smooth and creamy with a little tropical ginger zing, it’s yet another delicious way to adapt my basic Banana Nice-cream recipe.
I love smoothie bowls for breakfast. What could beat starting the day with a big bowl of nice-cream? It always feels like a naughty treat but it’s just fruit – how good is that!
The smoothie bowl is quite a recent discovery for me as I used to think that I had to have a more starchy breakfast or I would be starving by lunch time ( I’m always ready for my lunch by midday!). But it’s not the case at all due to the added peanut butter, seeds and buckwheat.
I think you’ll love this one.
- 1 mango chopped
- 2 frozen banana’s (chopped before freezing)
- 2 tbsp. coyo coconut yogurt
- 1 tbsp. peanut butter (I like Meridian)
- 1 knob ginger
- 2 dates (optional for sweetness)
- Coconut flakes
- Chia seeds
- Buckwheat granola
- Chopped fruit; mango, berries, figs
- Chop the banana’s and freeze overnight.
- Add the frozen banana’s to your food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add the peanut butter, 3/4 of the mango, coconut yoghurt and ginger and blitz until completely blended
- Add topping of choice; fruit, chia seeds, maple syrup, granola, figs, honey.