Healthy Banana Flapjacks – dairy free & gluten free
These banana flapjacks are super easy to make, really healthy, juicy & delicious!
They are naturally sweetened by the banana so they are definitely better if you use really ripe bananas as it makes for a sweeter more banana’y flapjack.
They are great for breakfast with a dollop of coconut Coyo yogurt, if you’re on the go, or as a snack an hour before a workout. I have made these many times and always take them on hikes with me for slow release energy.
This recipe changes all the time I literally throw in whatever I have in my cupboard. I sometimes make them really nutty and add lots of peanut butter, other times more dried fruit & seeds.
These flapjacks are dairy, gluten and vegan.
Here’s my basic recipe which can be tweaked depending on what you fancy adding in! Enjoy…
I hope you like this my recipe; if you recreate it tag on instagram with #rebelrecipes @rebelrecipes for a chance to be featured. Love Niki x
If you like the content that I’m sharing on this blog, please subscribe to my updates above and follow me on Bloglovin!
- 4 really ripe bananas squished
- 2 cup oats ( I use organic gluten free)
- 1/3 cup seeds (flax, sunflower, pumpkin, sesame)
- 1/2 cup dried fruit chopped (figs, dates, cranberries, apricots)
- 1/2 cup mixed nuts broken up (pecans, walnuts, cashews)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp crunchy organic nut butter (peanut, almond, cashew)
- Nuts, seeds, dried fruits, coconut.
- Pre heat the oven to gas mark 5/190C
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl & add the mashed bananas
- Heat the honey, coconut oil & peanut butter in a saucepan over a low heat until combined
- Add the wet mix to the mixture & stir well until everything is combined (this shouldn’t be too wet).
- Line a baking tray with grease proof paper & spread the mix on top, around an inch thick
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Remove from the oven, leave to cool slightly & then divide into squares