Banana Baobab Porridge with Blueberry Acai Compote
Hey guys, I’m excited to let you know that I’ve recently become a brand ambassador for my favoutite superfood company Organic Burst. Happy days!
I love these guys and their ethos. They have always been extremly supportive of me ie sharing my pics when I only had a few followers which was such a boost – just what you need when you’re starting out. I’ve listed just a few of the reasons Organic Burst is pretty awesome below, but first here’s the recipe!
Banana baobab porridge with a delicious blueberry and acai compote, so creamy and gooey and of course with some delicious extra healthy goodies from the baobab and acai. I don’t think you can beat the comforting combo of creamy oats, melting banana and nut butter, and then topped with rich and fruity berry compote – I’m a happy girl.
So why acai?
You may already know that im a big acai fan, I dont think anyting can compare to the amazing acai smoothies I was addicted to in Brazil but organic bursts acai is super high quality powder provides anti oxidents, essential fatty acids and polyphenols (giving it that gorgeous purple colour).
Some more about Organic Burst
Firstly I believe that Organic Burst superfoods are the best quality with the purest high quality superfoods out there.
You can find more info on their website but here’s some info I found really interesting;
Every Superfood had been researched for a long time, every supplier – strictly audited and every ingredient – tested (and re-tested) in an independent laboratory for purity + efficacy.
Organic Burst is a social enterprise – they’re profits are reinvested into buying the highest quality ancient ingredients directly from organic harvesters and communities (meet their growers here). And you can learn more their mission here.
They help change lives of hundreds of harvesters in the poorest communities in the Peruvian Andes, villages in Malawi, the remote Amazon jungle and Bolivian rural areas.
And they help preserve the Amazon rainforest…the beautiful African animals that survive because the Baobab trees (in the areas where we source from) are now protected… the tropical rainforests with indigenous people in Southern Taiwan… the fast growing honeybee populations on our chia farm in Bolivia…the amazing varieties of fish that are now thriving in the creeks at our wheatgrass farm in the New Zealand South Island and the list goes on…
I hope you like my recipe; if you recreate it tag on instagram with #rebelrecipes @rebelrecipes for a chance to be featured. Love Niki x
If you like the content that I’m sharing on this blog, please subscribe to my updates above and follow me on Bloglovin!
- Banana porridge;
- 1/3 cup organic gluten free oats
- 1 cup almond milk (a little more if you would like to loosen the porridge at the end).
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tsp organic burst baobab
- Blueberry acai compote;
- 1/3 cup blueberries
- Splash water
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp organic burst acai powder
- Dollop coconut yogurt
- 1 tsp organic burst chia seeds
- Few nuts
- A few blueberries
- To make the blueberry acai compote;
- Add the blueberries, water and maple syrup to a sauce pan and simmer on a low heat until the blueberries have broken down a deliciously jammy compote. Stir in the acai.
- Add the oats, banana, almond butter and almond milk to a saucepan and cook on a low to medium heat until the oats are creamy (you may want to add some maple syrup if you like it a little sweeter – taste and see). Stir in the Baobab.
- Top the oats with compote, chia, coconut yogurt and nuts- seriously delicious!