Avocado Kale Pesto with Crushed Chickpea’s
I’m posting this from beautiful Catalonia, we’ve finally made it to our place in the Spanish mountains – not been here since Christmas and it’s good to be back. Feeling more relaxed already and only been here a couple of hours. Off for a walk along the river to one of the prettiest villages later, happy days!
So I’m still experimenting with new pesto recipes and this is my latest creation. It’s a super healthy avocado, pistachio and kale combination and it’s delicious!
I combined the creamy, lemony green pesto with crushed chickpeas and then dolloped it on my buckwheat pancakes – really substantial and tastes amazing!
I think this avocado kale pesto/crushed chickpea combo would also work really well on a baked sweet potato or would make a delicious sandwich filling, I’m thinking rye or sourdough.
- 1 avocado
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup pistashio’s
- 2 cups kale
- Juice half lemon
- Pinch himalyan salt and black pepper
- 1 can organic chickpeas
- Buckwheat pancakes
- Crushed pistashio’s
- Add the garlic, kale and pistashio’s to your food processor and blitz. Add the in avocado, lemon juice, salt and pepper and blitz again to smooth and creamy.
- Pop the chickpea’s into a bowl and crush them a little then add the pesto and mix to combine. You may want to add a little more lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Make the buckwheat pancakes – recipe here.
- Top the pancakes with the avocado pesto then top with extra crushed pistashio’s and crunchy radishes.