Avocado Mint Choc Chip Ice Cream (Vegan, Raw)
Ok so I’m writing this recipe up super quickly as it’s boiling here in the UK (hurray) and this recipe is just perfect for cooling down. And as the weather may change any minute I wanted to share it before we return to our standard English summer weather!
So have you tried avocado ice cream yet? Neither had I but as soon as I saw it popping up on my news feeds I knew I had to create my own version. I decided to try out one of Andy’s favourite flavour combos first – mint choc chip and it’s so good! The ice cream combines creamy avocados, coconut cream, almond milk, mint essense, fresh mint, a little maple syrup for sweetness and some raw cacao nibs for that chocolate hit. I’m really happy with the result and hope you like it too?
I can’t wait to start experimenting with new flavour combinations…
And the best thing is you just blend, pop in a container and freeze for a least 4 hours. Be warmed it’s very solid when you get it out so let it warm up for a good 15 minutes or so.
I hope you like my recipe; if you recreate it tag on instagram with #rebelrecipes @rebelrecipes for a chance to be featured. Love Niki x
If you like the content that I’m sharing on this blog, please subscribe to my updates above and follow me on Bloglovin!
- 3 small or 2 large avocado
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup and 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 tbsp fresh mint chopped up
- 3 tbsp raw cacao nibs
- Add all the ingredients to your food processor and blitz until smooth and creamy.
- Scrape out into a tub or loaf tin and then stir in the cacoa nibs.
- Place in the freezer for at least 4 hrs.
- When you’re ready to eat it, remove and let it warm up for at least 15 minutes to soften so you can scoop it out.
- Enjoy! X