A Spanish Picnic with Alvalle Gazpacho and a Vegan Potatas Bravas Recipe
You probably know that I’m an incredibly lucky girl and my husband and I have a little flat in the Pyrenees. And although I haven’t had the chance to spend much time there this year due to work commitments I yearn for the beautiful mountain view, warm sun and of course the food.
In Spain eating a plant-based diet is easy in cool cities like Barcelona but in the mountains the cuisine is much more meat based which can be a little more challenging. But there are always lovely fresh salads, potatas bravas and my favourite tomato bread. And of course one of my favourite things is gazpacho – so when Alvalle asked me to try their wonderful, fresh gazpacho and then create a little taste of Spain in my garden I jumped at the chance.
For my little Spanish feast I made some tomato bread, a big salad, olives of course and some potatas bravas with my own spicy vegan tomato aioli. See recipe below!
When combined with Gazpacho I think it makes the perfect healthy and delicious meal.
Alvalle Gazpacho tastes so fresh, it’s bursting with flavour and is made from 100% Spanish vegetables. The ingredients include; selected tomatoes, red peppers, cucumbers, extra virgin olive oil and other fresh ingredients all sourced directly from Southern Spain.
A little bit more about Alvalle Gazpacho:
Gazpacho is a dish that has been enjoyed in Spain for over two centuries and now with Alvalle Gazpacho, you can enjoy the vibrant and exciting Spanish flavours of this classic recipe, wherever you are. Available in a 1Litre carton, Alvalle Gazpacho is an ideal accompaniment for brightening up lunch with your friends or to add some Spanish flare to a summer picnic. And coming soon this summer will be an easy to carry and convenient 250ml carton – the perfect on the go snack.
*This blog post is in collaboration with Alvalle Gazpacho.
- POTATAS BRAVAS RECIPE;
- Tomato Alioli ingredients;
- 1 onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1/2 tsp smoked chilli paste
- 5 tbsp coconut milk
- 2 tbsp water
- Potato ingredients;
- 800g Organic new potatoes diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Sea salt – 1/2 tsp
To make the alioli;
- Add the oil to a large frying pan and heat to a medium heat then add in the onion. Fry for aprox 5 minutes until soft and browning. Add the sliced garlic and cook for a further minute.
- Add in the chopped tomato and chilli paste. Simmer for 3 minutes then add the coconut milk and water cook for 2 minutes.
- Allow to cool a little then blend until smooth in a mini chopper or blender.
To make the potatoes;
- Pre heat your oven to gas mark 5 (190c).
- Add the potatoes to a roasting tray then toss to coat them on olive oil, garlic powder, and salt
- Roast for aprox 40 minutes until crispy on the outside.