15 Minute Chickpea and Spinach Curry
I love this recipe as its simple, quick, healthy and really tasty – which is everything you need in my book! I absolutely love curry and probably go to my favourite Indain restaurants a little too often than is strictly healthy but they are so good. I also seem to have spicy food cravings at least three to four times a week so I love whipping up speedy curries which are full of healthy and hearty ingredients.
Even though my chickpea curry only has a few Ingredients it’s packed full of flavour and I love adding lots of my favourite super healthy spinach!
This curry can be eaten on its own as its really substantial but is always delicious with flatbreads (I like my buckwheat flatbreads), or some whole grain rice or quinoa.
If you like the content that I’m sharing on this blog, please subscribe to my updates above and follow me on Bloglovin!
- 1 onion roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 garlic cloves sliced
- 1 knob ginger grated
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 4 plum tomatoes roughly chopped
- 1 cups water
- 1 can organic chickpeas
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 handfuls fresh coriander
- Salt and pepper
- Add the chopped onions to the frying pan with the oil and cook for aprox 4 minutes until starting to soften. Add in the garlic, ginger and spices. Cook for a further minute until the spices are fragrant.
- Add in the chopped tomatoes and cook for a minute then add the water.
- Add the chickpeas and simmer for 8 minutes adding the spinach, half the coriander, salt and pepper afer 7 minutes to wilt down.
- Top with a dollop of coconut yogurt, the rest of the coriander some chili flakes